Needless to say, running a successful business is a challenge. Times keep changing rapidly and the uncertainty about the future grow overwhelmingly. Think about this, in just one generation, businesses have had to adapt to totally new marketing channels (web and social), decide how to put resources into and use new technologies, and compete on a universal platform – things were unthinkable to former generations.
The major side effect of these fast changes and development is that not one CEO, employee, or course creator for his matter can be an expert in everything. This is the reason, as I would like to think, the biggest challenges that businesses have today are best addressed by qualified consultants.
So today Jeff Long shares some of the lessons he has learned from being in business for 15 years. I speak about why you should hire a coach or business consultants, why you should outsource some of your work, how to find your audience, having a success mindset, and generally how you can become successful in your course.
Masterclass In-Depth Training
I’m pleased to announce my upcoming live Masterclass training sessions. I will go in-depth to show you the exact process, tips, resources, and my proven systems. This isn’t a fluff training that tries to pitch you something at the end. There’s no upsell, just lots of practical content to help you become a more successful course creator.
Learn about the details of each Masterclass here, or read below. Each training is live where you can ask your questions. If you sign up you’ll get access to the recording, even if you can’t attend live.
1. Course Marketing Mastery
- Learn 40+ ways to sell your course throughout all the stages of course creation. I share creative ways to grow your influence and awareness of your course. While the training will be geared towards marketing courses, you can also use these strategies to promote your products and services.
- This is an in-depth training with tips, resources, and my proven systems.
- $149 includes the full training and a Q&A session.
- Sign up for Course Marketing Mastery
2. 30 Creative Ways A Course Creator Can Grow Their Audience, Impact & Email List
- February 12, 2019, at 2:00 pm EST.
- Learn 30 creative ways to grow your email list all while being authentic and your true self so you don’t feel like a slick marketer.
- Sign up for Grow Your Audience, Impact & Email List
3. Rapid Revenue Streams – Create 20+ additional revenue streams around your online courses to explode your income
- March 26, 2019, at 2:00 pm EST.
- Learn 20+ ways to package your services and products so you can earn more money, many of which can be automated.
- Sign up for Rapid Revenue Streams
4. Outsource Your Course – learn how to find talented & affordable people to help you create your course faster and cheaper than you thought possible
- April 9, 2019, at 2:00 pm EST.
- Learn my proven systems to know how to outsource almost aspects of course creation to someone that’s talented and affordable (around $3-$25/hr!)
- I’ll share where I go to find skilled Virtual Assistants, my hiring process, simple job posting scripts, and more!
- Sign up for Outsource Your Course
What I’ve learned from being in business since 2003
Get a coach
A coach can help you identify and focus on what’s important in order to accelerate your success. Some of the benefits of hiring a coach include:
- You will get clear about your goals
- Identify blind spots
- Focus on development efforts
- Gain a competitive advantage
- Increase engagement
- Acquire leadership skills
- Train your brain into a winning mindset
- Boost your overall well-being
The truth is, there is someone out there who has a better understanding of whatever you want to do, and so it’s better they give you proper direction.
Network where your ideal customers/clients are
Find out where seminars, conferences, and local meetups that relate to your field are. These are the exact places where you can find clients and customers to your course. Basically, the more people know you, the more you are likely to get referrals, recommendations, and hires.
Speak whenever you can
Yes! Speak whenever and wherever you go. You never know who’s listening. One time I volunteered to speak to a group of people and it happened that one of them was a marketing manager for a certain organization. The guy hired me and we worked for a few years, which brought in several thousand dollars. So the more you can speak, the more you can network. But don’t just get into work related stuff and giving business cards because it doesn’t give a great impression. Get to know people first, where they are coming from, their motivations, their struggles; try to connect with people on a personal level so they can open up with you.
Build an email list of people that want your content
These people not only become your followers but also your friends over time. Most of the people that have done one on one coaching with me, group coaching and masterminds have actually become my friends. These are people I keep in touch with as I want to see them learn, improve and grow, and consequently they become more than consumers of my content and resources.
Don’t believe everything you think
Being an entrepreneur can be tougher in your head than outside of it. It’s a mental game. Everything you think of might not be practically true. Perhaps you are wondering whether or not your course will sell, or if the marketing strategy in place is viable. That which seems impossible in your head might not be the same to the outside world. As the saying goes, “it always seems impossible until it’s done”. So if you are most often in your head thinking about whether or not your course is going to sell, or what marketing strategy will work, for instance, never fret! Just sit down with your team, write down your different skills and see how they can serve and provide solutions.
Success or learn. Not success or fail
In business, it’s about success or learn. If your business is doing good, fantastic! If not, then learn why it’s not working. This another reason why I’m doing masterclasses is to inform you succeed with your course even if you are just starting out.
Don’t try to learn everything
You can’t solve all the puzzles in your field. Hire out the complex things and you will find yourself saving time and money as well as being more productive. Plus, feel good paying for quality content as you are not really going to get to the next level from free content. Free content is usually shallow and less valuable. So be sure to bring other experts to your business to help you solve the difficult stuff that you can’t manage. It’s very important for growth. Learn to outsource even some tasks that you can still do. Doesn’t it get overwhelming being the sales strategist and marketer, article writer, video editor – doing all these alone in your business? So it’s important to get others to do things for you while you put more focus on a few other things.
That reminds me of another masterclass I’ll be covering about how to outsource your course. Click here to leearn more and sign up for each Masterclass.
Stop doing the doing. Hire people for the doing. Focus on strategy, sales and management
Hire people out, whether for short-term or full-time, or even virtual assistants. Perhaps you want them to be your marketers, customer service, or whichever tasks you want to assign them – don’t be afraid to hire people. Feel free to hire experts too for bigger things, such as consulting, business development and project management.
Success is more about mindset than skill level
This is something have learned over the course of my 15 years in business. My success has always relied on my ability to solve problems. So as far as your skills matter, you must have the mindset for success too. In any case, you can always hire up for things are complex for you to do. Otherwise, make sure to learn skills in business, sales, and managing people.
Take home points
- Make sure that you are learning and growing your business consistently.
- Find out what your audience needs and how you can meet their needs.
- Water the gardens that you invest in; whether business, friends or family.
- Don’t grow the business for yourself, but grow to impact a million people.
Don’t forget to sign up for the upcoming Masterclass trainings. The price is cheaper if you sign up before the date of each training, plus you can ask questions during the video training. Click here to leearn more and sign up for each Masterclass.