Copywriting is critical for online business success in this in this digital age. A well-written copy goes a long way towards converting readers to customers, otherwise, people visiting your website or blog will scroll down and move over to the next one.
So in this episode, Jeff Long speaks to Paige Poutiainen about copywriting practices that sell. Paige Poutiainen is a certified funnel strategist, conversion copywriter, and founder of The Impact Copywriter. She helps growing businesses turn more web visitors into subscribers, turn more subscribers into paying customers and turn more customers into profitable long-term relationships — ultimately, reaching new levels of business growth. Paige has helped CEOs and entrepreneurs all over the world boost their sales with strategic sales funnels and conversion copywriting. Get help selling your course at https://theimpactcopywriter.com/sales-page-checklist.
Masterclass In-Depth Training
I’m pleased to announce my upcoming live Masterclass training sessions. I will go in-depth to show you the exact process, tips, resources, and my proven systems. This isn’t a fluff training that tries to pitch you something at the end. There’s no upsell, just lots of practical content to help you become a more successful course creator.
Learn about the details of each Masterclass here, or read below. Each training is live where you can ask your questions. If you sign up you’ll get access to the recording, even if you can’t attend live.
1. Course Marketing Mastery
- Learn 40+ ways to sell your course throughout all the stages of course creation. I share creative ways to grow your influence and awareness of your course. While the training will be geared towards marketing courses, you can also use these strategies to promote your products and services.
- This will be an in-depth training with tips, resources, and my proven systems.
- $149 includes the full training and a Q&A session.
- Sign up for Course Marketing Mastery
2. 30 Creative Ways A Course Creator Can Grow Their Audience, Impact & Email List
- February 12, 2019, at 2:00 pm EST.
- Learn 30 creative ways to grow your email list all while being authentic and your true self so you don’t feel like a slick marketer.
- Sign up for Grow Your Audience, Impact & Email List
3. Rapid Revenue Streams – Create 20+ additional revenue streams around your online courses to explode your income
- March 26, 2019, at 2:00 pm EST.
- Learn 20+ ways to package your services and products so you can earn more money, many of which can be automated.
- Sign up for Rapid Revenue Streams
4. Outsource Your Course – learn how to find talented & affordable people to help you create your course faster and cheaper than you thought possible
- April 9, 2019, at 2:00 pm EST.
- Learn my proven systems to know how to outsource almost aspects of course creation to someone that’s talented and affordable (around $3-$25/hr!)
- I’ll share where I go to find skilled Virtual Assistants, my hiring process, simple job posting scripts, and more!
- Sign up for Outsource Your Course
Without further ado, here’s the synopsis from the interview, however, you may listen to the podcast for more insightful comments.
What is your background? How did you get started with copywriting?
Paige is a funnel strategist and conversion copywriter, and she’s the founder of the Impact Copywriter. She got into copywriting right after grad school, taking a job at a startup where she got her feet wet in doing landing pages, websites, and content marketing, among other skills. According to her, this job was taking so much of her time and was really stressful. So she decided that if something was going stress her, then it’s got to be something she’s building for herself.
She quit the job after six months and jumped into freelancing, and one day she landed at Copy Hackers and started diving into their stuff. With time, she narrowed down her niche to find the clientele she wants to serve. Paige has always been interested in personal development and so so she started creating courses along these lines, and she does sales pages left, right and center.
How does somebody know what their audience wants?
We call it the voice of the customer (VOC) research in marketing. When it comes to course creation, it’s about going out and finding out what students are experiencing, their challenges, and their expectations. Of course, there are several ways to do this, but the most popular ones are interviews, surveys, and online conversation mining, where you get into Facebook groups, for example, and grabbing the language that they are using. The goal is to get what people are struggling with and that can help you create a course that solves their problem. If people can relate to your content, then they are more likely to purchase your course.
What are some of the keys to writing a good copy?
The first thing is to ensure you have done enough research about your audience. That is going to transform into the copy you are writing. The next step is to create a framework that you are going to use in breaking down your copy. As a general rule, you want to stick to PAS (Problem, Agitate, Solve) formula.
Understanding the problem your audience is facing is critical to writing a copy that evokes a response. The more openly you can elaborate the problem, the more your audience feels that you understand. Then, agitate the problem – pour salt onto the wound that you just identified. This digs into the emotional part of your audience. Lastly, provide a solution to the problem – this is what your audience is yearning for.
How important is the length of any piece of copy?
There’s no specified length for a sales copy. Copywriting involves different stages of awareness and this determines how long your piece is going to be. It starts from the initial stage of problem unawareness to problem aware, then solution aware and product awareness. The last stage is where your audience makes up their mind whether or not to purchase the product (your course) that will help solve their problem. So the length of your piece will depend on how deep the problem is and how much you put into addressing it and providing solutions.
Tell us about “Sales Page Persuasion”?
It’s a 60-minute or 30-minute conversion-boosting sales page review whereby Paige goes one on one with a client in guiding them to improve their sales page copy. She zeros in on exactly what a client’s sales page needs and provides suggestions on what to change, add or remove. She can as well help in creating a sales page from scratch.
Learn more about Paige Poutiainen here: https://onlinecoursecoach.com/sppersuasion.