I’ve been using LearnDash on several projects over the years, so I wanted to get the founder on the podcast to talk. In this week’s Online Course Coach Podcast, Justin Ferriman talks about what this LMS plugin is, what markets can benefit from it and some good marketing strategies. I like this LMS for its flexibility, quiz features, gamification (badges, points, leaderboard, etc) and that they are constantly coming out with new features. I’m using LearnDash on a current project which will have 5 full video-based courses on it and we’ll be adding more courses in the future.
Bio of Justin Ferriman of the LearnDash LMS Plugin
Podcast Questions Asked of Justin Ferriman
- What is your background?
- How did you came up with Learn Dash?
- Please give a brief overview of what LD does. (not the best way I asked this…cut out the first part of the question)
- What industries can LearnDash be best used in?
- What’s one of the most creative uses for LearnDash that you’ve seen?
- what’s a success story that you can share of someone that used LearnDash?
- What are your tips for making elearning courses?
- What are your tips for marketing courses?
- Where you are going with LearnDash in the future?
- Where do you think eLearning is going in the future?
- What are you most proud of with LD?
- Where can people learn more about you?
The Online Course Coach Podcast Show Notes
- Justin started as a consultant and doing eLearning setup and creation
- In corporate training it’s hard to make the eLearning courses engaging and interactive
- He wanted a WordPress based solution for an LMS but didn’t find any
- At the start, it was small and he educated people on what an LMS is and why someone should use it
- They launched in 2013 and they haven’t looked back
- LearnDash is used in colleges and universities but also in industries like bloggers, certification agencies, digitalmarketer.com, medical training, etc.
- Tips to make an online course – Start planning your course with Word, PowerPoint or other basic software to get the outline
- The marketing strategy depends on your industry and online course. Create your course and have beta testers who can review it and give you feedback.
- He contributed to blogs, elearning sites, and more to build his brand and list
- They did a pre-launch which gave him the early adopters
- MOOCS are becoming the next big thing and will be the industry standard
To learn more about LearnDash and it’s features and benefits, click here.